MGT101 Financial Accounting GDB 1 Solution 2020
GDB NO 1 Question:-
Mr. Waseem is working as an accountant in a business organization under the name of ABC Brothers. He has recently prepared financial statements by using the data available in Trial Balance of ABC Brothers and he has presented the financial statements to the Manager accounts of the organization. Manager accounts observed the following errors in the income statement prepared by Mr. Waseem, which produce inaccurate financial affairs of the business. (MGT101 Financial Accounting GDB 1 Solution 2020 below….. )
- Carriage inwards of Rs. 35,000 wrongly reported under the head of selling expenses.
- Carriage outwards of Rs. 15,000 wrongly reported under the head cost of goods sold.
- Selling expenses of Rs. 20,000 wrongly reported under the head of administration expenses.
- Financial expenses of Rs. 13,000 wrongly reported under the head of selling expenses.
- What will be the correct amount of Gross profit, if Gross profit before correcting the given errors was Rs. 335,000?
- What will be the correct amount of Cost of goods sold, if the reported amount of sales was Rs. 400,000?
- What will be the effect of error “ Carriage inwards of Rs. 35,000 wrongly reported under the head of selling expenses” on the Cost of goods sold? (Just mention whether the Cost of goods sold would be overstated, understated or remains unaffected)
- What will be the effect of given errors on net profit? (Just mention whether the net profit would be overstated, understated or remains unaffected)
MGT 101 GDB SOLUTION BY STUDENT -1
1.Correct Gross Profit:
|Correct Gross Profit||315,000|
2. The correct amount of Cost of Goods Sold:
COGS after less the Sales from corrected gross profit = 400,000 – 315,000 = 85,000
|Cost of Goods Sold||85,000||Sales||400,000|
3.Effect of error “A”:
Cost of goods sold = Understanding
Reason: Carriage inward was not included in COGS
4.Effect of a given error on Net Profit:
Net Profit = Unaffected
Reason: Expenses were interpreting in the wrong heads of account.
MGT 101 GDB SOLUTION BY STUDENT -2
Another solution idea of MGT101:-
|CGS before correcting||65,000|
|Cost of goods sold after correcting the error||
|Gross profit after correcting the error||315,000|
- Cost of goods sold will be understated
- Net profit will be overstated
Hint:- Carriage inward is a part of the cost of goods sold not selling expense Carriage outward is part of selling expense not a cost of goods sold.
Virtual University Helping Material for Exam
Here you can also Download Virtual University of Pakistan All Subjects Handouts, Quiz’s Solved midterm past papers, and final term past papers with Reference. These are very helpful for the preparation of midterm and Final term Exams. You can also Download Digiskill study materials, FPSC and other Competitive exams solved papers for Preparation of Jobs. You can easily download from these links…………..